Since our first printing of the Florida Ranches Calendar in 2006, we’ve used it as a tool to tell the story of Florida’s cattle ranches. The captivating photographs showcase a diversity of ranches from around the state and highlight the critical role they play in preserving Florida’s environmental, agricultural and cultural heritage.
The 2021 Calendar will pay tribute to the 500-year anniversary of Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon bringing the first cattle and horses to Florida’s shores in 1521.
We’ll also be highlighting ranch conservation successes and the continued progress of the Florida Wildlife Corridor – a statewide network of lands and waters that supports wildlife and people.
Let us also not forget that in these challenging times, ranchers are part of the essential workforce providing food for our nation. Their stories need to be shared.
PHOTO CONTEST NOW OPEN &
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
We are now accepting submissions for the 2021 photo contest. Winners will have their photo featured in the calendar among photos by famed photojournalist and eight-generation Floridian Carlton Ward Jr. as well as wildlife photographer and conservation advocate Adam Bass. To download the flyer with more info, click here.
- Pictures must feature Florida ranch properties, including but not limited to cattle/horses, cowboys, water, landscape, and wildlife.
- Horizontal (landscape) format only.
- High quality JPG, Tif or Raw files accepted (2400 pixels wide).
- Photos may be edited for minor adjustments such as cropping, brightness or contrast. If content is changed such as adding or removing objects photos will be disqualified.
- The location and short caption with names of any individuals featured must be included.
Submit your photo(s) to FloridaRanches@gmail.com by Friday August 14, 2020
You can help pay tribute to the oldest environmental stewards in Florida by becoming a sponsor today!